Almost 5 million Americans suffer with the chronic pain syndrome, fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is characterized by widespread, moving, and very frequently debilitating pain and fatigue. Most sufferers find it difficult to be touched, even the smallest amount of pressure can elicit pain.
Fibromyalgia is typically treated with cortisone shots and physical therapy. This is a band aid to manage the pain often with scary side effects. Cortisone shots carry a risk of complications, such as:
• Death of nearby bone (osteonecrosis)
• Joint infection
• Nerve damage
• Thinning of skin and soft tissue around the injection site
• Temporary flare of pain and inflammation in the joint
• Tendon weakening or rupture
• Thinning of nearby bone (osteoporosis)
• cartilage deterioration within a joint.
Chiropractic care addresses the root of the problem, finding and correcting spinal subluxations to restore proper nerve function. Which allows healing and proper function including pain only as a response to proper stimuli.
If you or someone you know is suffering with fibromyalgia, call 704-792-2700 and see what chiropractic care at American Family Spine and Health can do for you.
- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.